Loading...

Inspirational Fashion & Style Quotes from Fashion Icons.


Style is a way to say who you are without having to speak. ~ Rachel Zoe

The fashionable woman wears clothes. The clothes don't wear her.~ Mary Quant

Whoever said that money can’t buy happiness, simply didn’t know where to go shopping.~ Bo Derek

Style is knowing who you are, what you want to say, and not giving a damn. ~ Orson Welles

In order to be irreplaceable one must always be different. ~ Coco Chanel


Fashions fade, style is eternal. ~ Yves Saint Laurent

Pay attention to your shape and who you are. If skinny jeans don't suit you, that's OK – there's another trend around the corner that does. Look at what others are wearing on the street. ~Bobbi Brown

Take inspiration from your friends. When I was a teen, we didn't have that many celebrity magazines to follow the latest fashions, so I'd look at my girlfriends. There was one who wore a perfect combat jacket, sending me on a mission to find myself the same one. ~Bobbi Brown

Walk like you have three men walking behind you.~Oscar de la Renta

Fashion can be bought. Style one must possess.~ Edna Woolman Chase


Elegance is the only beauty that never fades. ~ Audrey Hepburn

Fashion is instant language. ~Miuccia Prada

If I can have any impact, I want women to feel good about themselves and have fun with fashion. ~ Michelle Obama

When in doubt, wear red.~ Bill Blass

Don’t be into trends. Don’t make fashion own you, but you decide what you are, what you want to express by the way you dress and the way you live. ~ Gianni Versace


Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication. ~ Leonardo da Vinci

Style is when they're running you out of town and you make it look like you're leading the parade.~ William Battie

In difficult times, fashion is always outrageous. ~Elsa Schiaparelli

The difference between style and fashion is quality.~ Giorgio Armani

Fashion is what you’re offered four times a year by designers. And style is what you choose.~Lauren Hutton

Delete the negative; accentuate the positive! ~ Donna Karan


Always dress like you’re going to see your worst enemy.~ Kimora Lee

To me, clothing is a form of self-expression - there are hints about who you are in what you wear. ~Marc Jacobs

Over the years I have learned that what is important in a dress is the woman who is wearing it. ~ Yves Saint Laurent

Anyone can get dressed up and glamorous, but it is how people dress in their days off that are the most intriguing. ~ Alexander Wang

I think there is beauty in everything. What ‘normal’ people would perceive as ugly, I can usually see something of beauty in it. ~ Alexander McQueen

I design for the woman I wanted to be, the woman I used to be and to some degree, the woman I'm still a little piece of.' - Diane Von Furstenberg


Fashion is not necessarily about labels. It’s not about brands. It’s about something else that comes from within you. ~Ralph Lauren

I don't design clothes. I design dreams.~ Ralph Lauren

The only real elegance is in the mind; if you’ve got that, the rest really comes from it. ~ Diana Vreeland

Fashion should be a form of escapism, and not a form of imprisonment.~ Alexander McQueen

One is never over-dressed or underdressed with a Little Black Dress. ~ Karl Lagerfeld

I don't do fashion. I am fashion. ~ Coco Chanel


Fashion is not something that exists in dresses only. Fashion is in the sky, in the street, fashion has to do with ideas, the way we live, what is happening.~ Coco Chanel

When I design and wonder what the point is, I think of someone having a bad time in their life. Maybe they are sad and they wake up and put on something I have made and it makes them feel just a bit better. So, in that sense, fashion is a little help in the life of a person. But only a little. ~ Miuccia Prada

I have always believed that fashion was not only to make women more beautiful, but also to reassure them, give them confidence. ~ Yves Saint Laurent

I think that because I’m overweight, [my] fantasy was lightness. So I project my fantasy to the clothes, and now all I do is light, light clothes because it’s the one thing I don’t have. That is why I’m too afraid to lose weight because then I might make heavy clothes. ~Alber Elbaz


You gotta have style. It helps you get down the stairs. It helps you get up in the morning. It’s a way of life. Without it, you’re nobody. ~Diana Vreeland

Girls do not dress for boys. They dress for themselves and, of course, each other. If girls dressed for boys they’d just walk around naked at all times.' - Betsey Johnson

If you can’t be better than your competition, just dress better. ~ Anna Wintour

I like my money right where I can see it: hanging in my closet. ~ Carrie Bradshaw

Don’t be into trends. Don’t make fashion own you, but you decide what you are, what you want to express by the way you dress and the way you live. ~Gianni Versace

The hardest thing in fashion is not to be known for a logo, but to be known for a silhouette. ~Giambattista Valli


Dress like you're already famous.

Too much good taste can be very boring. Independent style, on the other hand, can be very inspiring. ~Diana Vreeland

When you don’t dress like everybody else, you don’t have to think like everybody else. ~Iris Apfe

I don’t believe in fashion. I believe in costume. Life is too short to be same person every day. ~Stephanie Perkins

Style is very personal. It has nothing to do with fashion. Fashion is over quickly. Style is forever. ~Ralph Lauren

When a woman says, ‘I have nothing to wear!’, what she really means is, ‘There’s nothing here for who I’m supposed to be today.’ ~Caitlin Moran


Crying is for plain women. Pretty women go shopping. ~Oscar Wilde


Your Clothes Should Be Tight Enough to Show You're a Woman, but Loose Enough to Show You're a Lady. ~ Marilyn Monroe


Women who wear black lead colorful lives. ~Neiman Marcus

What’s becoming very obvious to me is that fashion is art. ~Lupita Nyong’o

When you don’t feel to dress means that you are depressed. You need a fashion shower. ~Anna Dello Russo

Style is a simple way of saying complicated things. ~Jean Cocteau

I don’t believe in fashion. I believe in costume. Life is too short to be same person every day. ~Stephanie Perkins

Buy less, choose well. ~Vivienne Westwood


People will stare. Make it worth their while. ~Harry Winston

Make it simple, but significant. ~Don Draper

I know what women look good in. I don’t think the rules ever change. ~Michael Kors

Clothes are like a good meal, a good movie, great pieces of music. ~Michael Kors

I’ll stop wearing black when they make a darker color. ~Wednesday Addams

0 comments:

Loading...