Loading...

Wisdom Quotes by Rumi


Yesterday I was clever, so I wanted to change the world. Today I am wise, so I am changing myself.

Raise your words, not voice. It is rain that grows flowers, not thunder.


There is a candle in your heart, ready to be kindled.
There is a void in your soul, ready to be filled.
You feel it, don't you?
I want to sing like the birds sing, not worrying about who hears or what they think. 

Your task is not to seek for love, but merely to seek and find all the barriers within yourself that you have built against it. 

Knock, And He'll open the door 

Vanish, And He'll make you shine like the sun 

Fall, And He'll raise you to the heavens 
Become nothing, And He'll turn you into everything. 

The minute I heard my first love story,
i started looking for you,
not knowing how blind that was. 
Lovers don't finally meet somewhere.
They're in each other all along.

Don’t grieve. Anything you lose comes round in another form.

I cannot stop asking. If I could taste one sip of an answer, I could break out of this prison for drunks.

Keep walking, though there’s no place to get to. Don’t try to see through the distances. That’s not for human beings. Move within, but don’t move the way fear makes you move.

There is a way of breathing that’s a shame and a suffocation and there’s another way of expiring, a love breath, that lets you open infinitely.



If you could untie your wings and free your soul of jealousy, you and everyone around you would fly up like doves.

How will you know the difficulties of being human, if you’re always flying off to blue perfection?

Be a lamp, or a lifeboat, or a ladder. Help someone’s soul heal. Walk out of your house like a shepherd.

If all you can do is crawl, start crawling.
There is a fountain inside you. Don’t walk around with an empty bucket.

Put your thoughts to sleep, do not let them cast a shadow over the moon of your heart. Let go of thinking.

All religions, all this singing, one song. The differences are just illusion and vanity. The sun’s light looks a little different on this wall than it does on that wall, and a lot different on this other one, but it’s still one light.


Only from the heart can you touch the sky. 

When you do things from your soul, you feel a river moving in you, a joy.

Be empty of worrying.... Why do you stay in prison when the door is so wide open? Move outside the tangle of fear-thinking.

You go from village to village on your horse asking everyone, “Has anyone seen my horse? 

Gamble everything for love, if you’re a true human being. If not, leave this gathering.

Stop acting so small. You are the universe in ecstatic motion.
I want your sun to reach my raindrops, so your heat can raise my soul upward like a cloud. 

The ocean of the body crashes against the ocean of the heart. Between them is a barrier they cannot cross.

Come sit with me! Let us drink the holy wine of happiness. 

Poem & Quotes by The Essential Rumi


0 comments:

Loading...