Loading...

Inspiring quotes by Leo Buscaglia


Too often, we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around.

Your talent is God's gift to you. What you do with it is your gift back to God.

A single rose can be my garden... a single friend, my world.




Love is always bestowed as a gift - freely, willingly and without expectation. We don't love to be loved; we love to love.

I have a very strong feeling that the opposite of love is not hate - it's apathy. It's not giving a damn.

Love is life. And if you miss love, you miss life.

I still get wildly enthusiastic about little things... I play with leaves. I skip down the street and run against the wind.

Don't brood. Get on with living and loving. You don't have forever.

What love we've given, we'll have forever. What love we fail to give, will be lost for all eternity.

The easiest thing to be in the world is you. The most difficult thing to be is what other people want you to be. Don't let them put you in that position.

Death is a challenge. It tells us not to waste time... It tells us to tell each other right now that we love each other.

Change is the end result of all true learning.


Never idealize others. They will never live up to your expectations.

What we call the secret of happiness is no more a secret than our willingness to choose life.

The fact that I can plant a seed and it becomes a flower, share a bit of knowledge and it becomes another's, smile at someone and receive a smile in return, are to me continual spiritual exercises.

Worry never robs tomorrow of its sorrow, it only saps today of its joy.

Love is always open arms. If you close your arms about love you will find that you are left holding only yourself.

Don't walk in my head with your dirty feet.

I exist, I am, I am here, I am becoming, I make my own life and no one else makes it for me. I must face my own shortcomings, mistakes, transgressions. No one can suffer my non-being as I do, but tomorrow is another day, and I must decide to leave my bed and live again. And if I fail, I don't have the comfort of blaming you or life or God.

We seem to gain wisdom more readily through our failures than through our successes. We always think of failure as the antithesis of success, but it isn't. Success often lies just the other side of failure.

To love is to risk, not being loved in return. To hope is to risk pain. To try is to risk failure. but risk must be taken because the greatest hazard in my life is to risk nothing.

After all, the wrong is done. It is past and cannot be changed. We have only the present and the future upon which to move forward.

Living Loving and Learning by Leo Buscaglia


0 comments:

Loading...